Getting a brand new short haircut or hairstyles just not enough for some women. One way that often used by many women to get rid the outdated look or boredom is by giving the hair a brand new color, whether it is just one color or combination of multiple colors and techniques. Ombre, highlights and lowlights are the top option when it comes to coloring the hair, which we already gathered in this updated article.
While hair coloring is popular amongst the younger women these days, it does not mean women over 40 or older can’t taste the trends. In fact, there are lots of highlights, lowlights, and ombre that looks appropriate and beautiful for older women. Using the calmer color like honey blonde, brown, and black also getting more popular these days for women who wants to embrace their greyed hair.
Popular Hair Color Ideas for Ombre, Lowlights and highlights in 2022
Maybe you are wondering which one to choose between ombre, lowlights, and highlights. Each has a different character and beauty if you look closely. Ombre is a soft transition from dark to light color, one of the most popular ombre is brown to platinum blonde.
While ombre and balayage looks pretty identical in the eyes, they both have differences. The balayage is focused about how the color is applied and ombre is focusing on technique where the color is applied. Both have a low maintenance level. Ombre using the horizontal placement while balayage is vertical.
And what about highlights and lowlights? The easiest to differentiate both is looking at the sections that will get bleached or dyed. If the color is lighter than your natural hair, then it is highlights. If it’s darker, that’s lowlights.
To make it even easier for you, we already gathered enough hair color ideas with pictures to give you the inspiration that you need. Keep scrolling down.
1. Hot pink burgundy and gold curly hairstyle
2. Ash blonde pixie
3. Light ash blonde rounded blunt bob
4. Dark blue shaggy bob with curtain bangs
5. Cold ash side parted bob
6. Dirty ash blonde pixie bob
7. Platinum ash blonde pixie
8. Dark auburn wedge
9. Warm caramel brown a-line bob
10. Caramel blonde layered angled bob
11. Soft silver blonde pixie wedge
12. Golden honey brown very short pixie
13. Dark strawberry blonde pixie cut
14. Red honey blonde lowlights inverted bob
15. Wavy inverted bob with chestnut brown highlights
16. Gray platinum curled bob
17. Honey caramel blonde haircuts
18. Dark blonde slicked back blunt bob
19. Chocolate cherry angled bob
20. Mahogany blonde lowlights rounded bob
21. Sand blonde side swept bob
22. Caramel bronze pixie
23. Wavy bob with beige hair shades
24. Chestnut brown layered pixie
25. Purple ombre pixie bob
26. Teal ombre rounded bob
27. Rose gold ombre curly pixie
28. Lavender ombre asymmetrical pixie
29. Dark ash blonde ombre angled bob
30. Silver and blue ombre
31. Black brown ombre shag
32. Light auburn ombre edgy pixie
33. Black to grey ombre
34. Pink and white ombre wavy cut
35. Black pink ombre lob
36. Ash brunette highlights
37. Golden ash highlights shag
38. Caramel highlights in brown pixie bob
39. Curly caramel highlights
40. Blonde highlights over brown pixie
41. Brown blonde highlights layered cut
42. Pink and purple highlights wavy cut
43. Red with blonde highlights
44. Vanilla blonde highlights and lowlights
45. Golden copper blonde highlights
46. Chunky platinum highlights
47. Gray highlights bob
48. Platinum highlights on black
49. Dark blonde lowlights
50. Blonde with strawberry blonde lowlights
That’s all for now, ladies! We hope you find the one that you really like. Don’t forget to bookmark and share with your friends and family if you think the updated article inspired you.